This Page

has been moved to new address

Chocolate Crinkles

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Eclecticisms: Chocolate Crinkles

Monday, July 11, 2011

Chocolate Crinkles

"Who bakes cookies in 95 degree heat?", you ask? Well, me of course. I was craving cookies this weekend and planned on making double chocolate chip cookies, but opted to try a new recipe instead, so I would be able to share it with you. I know, I'm generous as hell.

I got this recipe from the new baking book, which has provided so many winners. I'm really glad I got it, and in brand-new condition at a used book store, no less! This recipe was a HUGE hit, and I already have gotten requests for the recipe. So, without further adieu, here it is.


Ingredients

3 eggs
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
1/2 cup coconut or vegetable oil
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
Sifted confectioners' sugar


 
Using a mixer, beat together eggs, sugar, chocolate, oil, baking powder and vanilla until thoroughly combined.




I used coconut oil which gave the cookies a subtle yet noticable coconutty taste. I'm generally not a huge fan of coconut but I think that's due to both the texture and the fact that many things made with coconut have an overwhleming flavor. Neither of these is the case with these cookies, if you opt to use the coconut oil in place of vegetable oil.

Now gradually beat in the flour until combined. Refrigerate dough for at least 1-2 hours, covered.
If this doesn't make you want chocolate, I don't know what will!

Pre-heat oven to 375°. Allow dough to sit out for a few minutes so it's easier to work with, and then roll into 1" balls. Roll the balls in the powdered sugar (be generous!) and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.





Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until the tops look done.

Happy eating!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At July 12, 2011 at 8:11 AM , Blogger Miriam said...

I LOVE cocolate crinkles! You've got a great cookie there :), Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

 

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home