This Page

has been moved to new address

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Eclecticisms: Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

I had a wicked craving for some chocolate the other day (I'm usually a salt and butter kind of girl), so being the baker I am now, I made some cookies. These were SO good. When they were still warm from the oven, I thought they were way too sweet, and didn't plan to eat more than half of one. By the next day, the flavor had mellowed and they were fantastic. They were a big hit at work, and with my brother! (I actually made these again today... yum!)

Here's the recipe I used.

Ingredients
1/2 Cup unsalted butter, at room temp
1/2 Cup of light brown sugar (I used organic, regular brown sugar)
1/4 Cup organic white sugar
1 large organic egg
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 Cup organic all-purpose flour
1/4 Cup Dutch pressed cocoa powder


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line your baking sheets with parchment paper.

Beat butter and sugar together until they are light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.

Add egg and vanilla and mix until thoroughly incorporated.


In a seperate bowl, sift all dry ingredients together.




Now gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally.
(Oh... but first, make a fun face with your chocolate chips!)




Your dough should be nice and thick and delicious!


Now roll the dough into balls about 1 1/2" and flatten with a spoon. You'll notice the ones in the pictures aren't all flattened. The recipe didn't call for it actually, but they weren't spreading out at ALL and not cooking well. After a few minutes I took the first batch out and squished them down. I'm glad I did, because they baked through perfectly. For the second batch, I flattened them first. The ones I squished down half way through cooking turned out crinkly, which looks cool, so  you can always do it when they're half done for a nice visual effect. (I used high fat cocoa, which may be why mine didn't spread out, so experiment and find what works best for you!)


Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring the cookies to cooling racks. Makes about 15 cookies. The recipe, of course, claims you will get many more than this. Unlike cookie recipes, I keep it real.


 MMM!

Enjoy!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At February 2, 2011 at 8:20 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Oh boy, there's just nothing so good as a chocolate cookie that's all fudgy. You can never have too much chocolate. Thanks so much for linking up to Sweets for a Saturday last week. I hope you'll link up again.

 
At February 3, 2011 at 7:03 AM , Blogger Juliea said...

I'm so jealous of your mixer. I REALLY need one. Com'mon TAXES!

 
At February 3, 2011 at 1:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh that looks yummy. I love your smiley face LOL!

 
At February 3, 2011 at 4:30 PM , Blogger Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies said...

TASTINESS! I would probably eat all 15 myself. But, um, they're organic--that means they're healthy, right?

 

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home