This Page

has been moved to new address

In the Summertime, When the Weather is Hot...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Eclecticisms: In the Summertime, When the Weather is Hot...

Friday, July 8, 2011

In the Summertime, When the Weather is Hot...

I haven't been writing much lately. I haven't baked much lately. I was feeling so bad about it, but you know what? It's summer! That means my schedule is so much busier than usual, and I've just lost some focus on some of the "normal" things I do, like blogging. Vacuuming too, but let's leave that out of this. I usually try to keep my blog more DIY than narrative, but I really enjoy others' posts on what and how they're doing, so I'm going to try and work a few more of those into Eclecticisms. I hope everyone enjoys them!

I've been humming this song almost every day on my walk to and from the train, in downtown Chicago. It's been putting me in a good mood and making the heat even more bearable. I have a bad sunburn right now, but other than that, I'm adjusting to the heat and sun better than I have in past years (pretty much ever). Fall will always be my favorite season, but not feeling like puking every day, breaking out in splotches or peeling/blistering (YET!) is making me love summer a whole lot more.





This 4th of July weekend was fabulous. I spent a lot of time with family and some friends, BBQing, in the pool, in the yard, playing volleyball, etc. Sara's bridal shower was also at our house a couple weeks ago which was a bunch of fun. I made the layered-basil-roasted-red-pepper-spread that was a hit, along with a lemon-glazed cheesecake and shitake mushroom and goat cheese quiche.

Here are a few pics of what's been going on so far this summer. (If you're my friend on Facebook, you've probably seen some or all of these.) I can't wait for MI Peace Fest next weekend, and will definitely have pictures to share when I get back! I took next Monday off to recover, so hopefully I will get them up right away.


Foose and I. Ain't he handsome?!


After the bridal shower.

The guys getting ready to paint my house, during the shower. Hurrah!

Mom's side of the family on my porch

Sunburn resulted....

Wooooo!

At Sara's side's shower. My brother John, Sara and my folks.

John eating his yummy B-Day cake in Red, White and Blue. My Momma made it from scratch!

Sara with her Mom and sister.

Brian (AKA Sgt. Batista) and Sara. Love birds.

Summer fun!

Some of the ladies on our (groom's) side of the family at the shower. There are more of us too... we are a force to be reckoned with!

I hope everyone is having as fantastic a summer as I am! There have been some really bad bumps in the road so far this year, but I am surrounded by such incredible people that I feel I can overcome just about anything. Good people, good times and good memories can really make life amazing.

Happy Summer!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home