This Page

has been moved to new address

Zucchini "Spaghetti"

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Eclecticisms: Zucchini "Spaghetti"

Monday, August 16, 2010

Zucchini "Spaghetti"

This refreshing and healthy recipe was a perfect way to use up some of the zucchini and chives from my garden. It's quick, and no cooking is involved so it's especially perfect on a hot day. I found that the dressing recipe made way more that was needed, but it works well on all kinds of other dishes. I had some with my Eggs in a Basket this morning. Delish!

I got this recipe from Martha Stewart (nothing new there!).


Cream Sauce Ingredients
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Fine sea salt
1 cup light cream (I used about 3 parts heavy cream and 1 part milk. The store by me didn't have light cream)
1/3 cup freshly minced chives

In a jar or other lidded container, combine lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and shake until salt is dissolved. Add cream and chives; shake to blend. Season with salt. Store, covered and refrigerated, up to 1 week. Shake to blend before using.








"Spaghetti" Ingredients
1 pound small zucchini, rinsed, dried, and trimmed at both ends
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/4 cup Creamy Lemon-Chive Dressing
Sea Salt


I borrowed this mandoline from my parents. I didn't even know what it was until looking it up. The blades are EXTREMELY sharp, so I didn't do the cutting myself. I have a bad track record with blades in the kitchen. (I slice my fingers on peelers with child safety covers.) I have a scar to show for my kitchen clumsiness too; I stabbed myself in the hand cutting open a bagel as a kid. Oops...



Evil, evil machine.







Using the julienne blade of a mandoline, slice zucchini into long, thin strips.


Transfer zucchini to a colander set over a mixing bowl. Toss zucchini with salt. Let stand 15 minutes at room temperature. (This is a good time to make the sauce.) 



Gently squeeze zucchini to extract excess water. Transfer to a bowl and toss with just enough dressing to evenly coat the zucchini. Season with fleur de sel (sea salt) and serve.
 

Enjoy!


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home