This Page

has been moved to new address

Strawberry-Basil Martinis

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Eclecticisms: Strawberry-Basil Martinis

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Strawberry-Basil Martinis

Summertime is full of "musts", one being a nice, cold, fresh summer drink. A couple of years ago I tried a strawberry basil martini and loved it, and was sad that it wasn't something I'd be able to re-create at home. Or- so I thought! I was going to make a strawberry rhubarb pie anyways (post coming soon!) so I figured I'd pick up some extra berries and take advantage of the plentiful basil in my yard. The result was nothing short of fabulous.

Ingredients (All may be adjusted to taste)
Makes 4-6 drinks

16 oz. Organic Strawberries, halved
approx. 12 large Basil Leaves
Vodka (I think I used about a cup and a half, but you pretty much want to make a 1 to 1 mix)


Using a food processor, blend strawberries and basil until watery and smooth.


Pour the mix into a pitcher, add vodka and ice.



Serve chilled. This drink is perfect for any day, but it really hits the spot during these hot summers.



Enjoy!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home