This Page

has been moved to new address

Eggs in a Basket (AKA Eggs in a delicious piece of toast)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Eclecticisms: Eggs in a Basket (AKA Eggs in a delicious piece of toast)

Monday, August 16, 2010

Eggs in a Basket (AKA Eggs in a delicious piece of toast)

I’m not a huge fan of using up all of my egg yolk by soaking it up with toast, so I’d never tried Eggs in a Basket before. This past weekend I went up to MI with my future sister-in-law, and we stopped at a Cracker Barrel where I tried them for the first time. Wow. I’m sure part of it had to do with the fantastic bread they used (sour dough) but I think I’ve found a new easy (and versatile!) b-fast favorite.




Ingredients

Eggs (1 for each slice of bread)
Bread (Your choosing; I used marble rye)
Butter
Toppings if desired (Cheese, hollandaise sauce, hot sauce, etc.)



Cut out a circle or other shape in the center of each piece of bread. You can use a cookie cutter, small glass or anything that will be big enough to fit most of the egg.




Melt butter in pan and lightly brown the toast on each side. (Don’t be too shy with the butter!)


Once toasted, crack an egg into each center and fry (medium heat) to your liking. I’m an over-medium king of girl, myself.



Put topping on (if desired) and crown it with the cut-out center. I used the lemon-chive cream sauce that I had left over from making Zucchini Spaghetti.



Enjoy!








1 Comments:

At August 16, 2010 at 1:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

These are so deliciously simple. There was a boy I used to teach who called them "window eggs." So cute!

 

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home