This Page

has been moved to new address

Delicious Glazed Apple Cookies

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Eclecticisms: Delicious Glazed Apple Cookies

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Delicious Glazed Apple Cookies

I still had have apples from when I went apple picking with my Mom, and since I don't want them all to go to waste, I decided to make some cookies this weekend. Cookies are a great choice when you want to bake but don't want get get into anything too involved. They are small enough to share with many people and transport easily, and they keep well too.

A Google search for "apple cookies" brought me to this recipe at Allrecipes which has never done me wrong. I knew between the great recipes on that site combined with the high review this one got that I was in luck. I also had all the ingredients- always a great sign! After 2 small substitutions and one omission (only because I forgot to add the milk... oops!), here's how it went.


Ingredients

Cookies:
1/4 cup shortening
1/4 Cup butter
1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 cups sifted whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup apples - peeled, cored and finely
diced
1 cup raisins

Glaze:
1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 tablespoons milk (I used soy)


In a large bowl, mix together shortening, butter and brown sugar until pale and fluffy. Add egg and beat until thoroughly combined, scraping the sides of the bowl.


Mix remaining dry ingredients together and set aside. I made a face. That part is optional but highly encouraged.


Stir in half of the dry ingredients with the butter/sugar mixture. Mix well. Add apples and raisins and mix until combined. Finally, add remaining dry ingredients. Again, mix well.

Drop dough from a tablespoon onto a cookie sheet, about 1- 1 1/2" apart and bake at 400 degrees for 10-13 minutes.

While the cookies bake, make the glaze by combining all ingredients in a bowl and mixing well. Add the milk gradually, using only as much as is needed to create a glaze (drippy) consistency. Drizzle over warm cookies.




Happy baking!





Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At November 11, 2011 at 6:59 AM , Blogger Leslie said...

MMMMM! They look delicious! I like the new layout too. I'm still getting used to all the changes that they did... I may have to play around some! Miss your guts!

 

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home