This Page

has been moved to new address

Greek Salad Pita Sandwiches

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Eclecticisms: Greek Salad Pita Sandwiches

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Greek Salad Pita Sandwiches

I'm going to say it, but you might not like it. I'm not, generally, a fan of Greek food. *gasp!* I do like dolmades (but prefer them Middles Eastern style) and feta, but that's really about it. I usually end up with heart burn when I eat Greek food and just never found anything that is vegetarian that I really, thoroughly enjoyed. That is, until I tried this recipe.

Greek salad was always hit and miss for me; I'll admit that almost each time I've tried it, I was in more of a "fast food" atmosphere and not a nice restaurant or at someone's home. My eyes have been opened! This salad is fresh and full of flavor, balanced by the taste of a delicious, warm pita. Great as a meal on its own, or served with a side, this will fill you up and taste delicious!

Recipe from the amazing Jeanne Lemlin's Quick Vegetarian Pleasures.

Ingredients

Yield: 4 servings.

3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Freshly ground black pepper
1 bell pepper, cored and cut into 1-inch cubes
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 cup slivered red onion
1/4 pound (about 3/4 cup) feta cheese, crumbled
12 cherry tomatoes, halved, or 2 small tomatoes, cubed
1 1/2 cups diced romaine or iceberg lettuce
4 (6-inch) pita breads, halved


Ready for one of the easiest recipes ever?

In a large bowl, combine the oil, vinegar and oregano

.

Mix well and add all the shopped veggies. toss in the oil mixture and add the feta.

Serve immediately on warmed pita bread. 


Enjoy!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At October 20, 2011 at 3:25 PM , Blogger Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies said...

I'm not big on Greek food either. I'm sure this is just a terrible stereotype, but all I think of with Greek food is gyros, lamb, and feta (and you know I'm not a fan of feta!). I do love Middle Eastern food, though! Maybe I'd make this minus feta and with hummus instead. :)

 
At October 21, 2011 at 2:06 PM , Blogger Romanian Princess said...

Hi, I'm Nicole from Romanian Princess. I love your blog, and I'm your newest follower, please stop by my blog and if you like it, PLEASE follow me back!

www.romanianprincess.com

XoXo Nicole Mariana

 

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home