This Page

has been moved to new address

Best Ever Mushroom Cream Sauce

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Eclecticisms: Best Ever Mushroom Cream Sauce

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Best Ever Mushroom Cream Sauce

When you aren't sure what to make for dinner, pasta is always a safe and easy option. I wanted to try a new sauce and since I love cream sauces and mushrooms, I started searching for a mushroom cream sauce online. After the first step, the recipe quickly became my own, as I made substitution, omissions and additions. The end result was honestly one of the best cream sauces I've ever tried (and I've tried a lot!). This sauce has a lot of fresh, complimentary flavors that don't over power your palate. If you're ready for a party in your mouth and don't mind eating a calorie packed dinner, this sauce is the way to go!

I served this over orecchiette pasta, though it would be great on any other type. I'm thinking of trying it with angel hair next time!

Ingredients

4 Tbs butter
4 cloves garlic
6 oz portabella mushrooms
6 oz shiitake mushrooms, stemmed
4 small/2 large chopped fresh tomatoes
2 Tbs fresh parsley
2 tsp tarragon
1 1/4 Cup heavy cream
1/4 leek, chopped
1-2 Tbs flour (if needed)
1/2 Cup grated parmesan-reggiano cheese
Salt/Pepper


Melt the butter in a pan. Add garlic and cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Add chopped mushrooms and cook until they are browning and releasing juices- about 5-7 minutes.Salt and pepper if desired.

Add the cream and cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes at a very low simmer, stirring frequently. After about 10 minutes, add the tomatoes and tarragon.


 

After the sauce has darkened, add the grated cheese. This should thicken the sauce but if you find it's still a bit runny, add flour very gradually, stirring well until completely combined. After each addition, cook for a minute or two, as the sauce will continue to thicken after you've added the flour and left it over the heat. Add the chopped leek and cook another 1 minute.





Serve over pasta with freshly grated cheese.

Enjoy! I got a lot of praise on this one, and it's definitely going to make more appearances on my table.

Happy eating!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At November 14, 2011 at 6:00 PM , Blogger Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies said...

Ooh, that looks so rich and yummy. I love mushrooms and I love creamy sauce!

WTF is with Blogger? You are right, this is crazy! It looks good, but I'm not sure I like how it works.

 
At December 18, 2011 at 9:56 PM , Blogger Leslie said...

I'm mega jealous of this right now. Please make me some, jar it and send it. Thanks. Miss your face!

 
At December 22, 2011 at 6:54 AM , Blogger BEadECLECTIC said...

Miss you too! Wish I could find a way to send it so it wouldn't spoil. :)

 

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home