This Page

has been moved to new address

Featured Ingredient: Brown Basmati Rice

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Eclecticisms: Featured Ingredient: Brown Basmati Rice

Monday, May 2, 2011

Featured Ingredient: Brown Basmati Rice

One food that I've come to really, realy love over the past couple of years is brown rice. Even better than plain old brown rice? Brown basmati rice! It has a light, nutty flavor, and really adds to whatever dish you're making, no matter how simple or complex.

Rice is similar to sugar, in that the brown varieties are less processed. Basmati has the highest content of all rice for amino acids and essential nutrients. Low in fat (2 grams) and calories (170), and with 2 grams of fiber per serving, brown basmati is definitely a healthier choice for dishes such as stir-fry, than noodles or white rice would be.

Today's recipe is really just a suggested way to serve this rice in an especially delicious way. I had some left overs, threw them together, and voila. Tastebud heaven.

Ingredients

Brown basmati
Feta
Artichoke hearts

That's it!

Rinse and cook the rice until fluffy and liquid has been absorbed. While the rice cooks (it takes about 40 minutes... not good news for impatient people like me!) sautee articoke hearts in butter (or olive oil). When every thing is cooked, mix all three ingredients together. Add a bit of butter if the rice is dry.




Enjoy!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At May 2, 2011 at 6:27 PM , Blogger Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies said...

Feta, my mortal foe! *shakes fist*

But other than that, it sounds tasty. I love brown basmati too. :)

 
At May 3, 2011 at 1:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Mmm...three of my favorite ingredients in the same dish! I've got a middle eastern dish you can make with brown basmati in a vegetarian form. As you know, my family doesn't cook with recipes. Remind me and I can try to write it out for you later. =)

 

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home