This Page

has been moved to new address

Pasta Salad

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Eclecticisms: Pasta Salad

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pasta Salad

Last weekend was a warm one here in Chicago, topping out in the low 80's. After the winter temps it felt even hotter, and also made me crave some cold pasta salad. Boiling noodles and eggs didn't exactly cool me off, but the pasta hit the spot. I threw together a few things I had, and although I didn't make anything ground breaking, I though I'd share the recipe, none the less. (Hey... not everyone knows how to make pasta salad, right?)


Ingredients

1/2-3/4 box macaroni noodles
4 hard boiled eggs
1/2 Yellow bell pepper
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/4 diced onion (I used yellow)
approx 1 Cup mayo (adjust to taste)
3 stalks celery
dried dill weed
salt/pepper to taste


Prepare your eggs and noodles. Once cooked, rinse both in cold water until cool.



Chop up all your veggies. I read somewhere that rinsing raw onion with cold water will help cut down on the fumes (which REALLY bother my eyes), and it seemed to work with no effect on the taste.







Summer food colors!
Mix all ingredients together and generously season with the dill. Add salt and pepper if desired (I salted it as it was served instead.) Chill and serve cold.


Enjoy!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home