This Page

has been moved to new address

Tickled Tuesday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Eclecticisms: Tickled Tuesday

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tickled Tuesday

Hello!

I haven't been posting (or baking) nearly as much as I'd like to lately, but I have a good excuse for the past weekend. I had a PTK eye surgery that ended up with a minor complication and I'm still just getting my vision back. (I literally wrote my last blog using one eye. Like a pirate. Arrrrgh.) Nothing serious, just a LOT of pain and inconvenience. I'm not dying, I'm not blind. Anyways, I've whined enough to my friends about it (and will continue to whine until I feel back to my old self!) so I won't go on and on here, but I don't want anyone to think I've forgotten about my blog! I have a good excuse this time.

So. A week or two ago I had a revelation at work that I would learn French and then go to France for my 30th birthday. This seemed like a fantastic idea, until I realized...

1) I will not travel to another country alone

and

2) I will not have that kind of money saved up in a year and a half. (Yes, it's THAT close. I can smell it, and it doesn't smell all that great.)

In the meantime while I make up my mind on how I can make this a short term reality, if not by 30, I've been listening to a lot of Edith Piaf. Actually, I think I was listening to her when I had my revelation, so maybe it wasn't all that random.

I've always loved her signature song. It definitely puts a smile on my face and maybe even a star in my eye. (Was that corny? Probably.)






For those of you who prefer the English version...


Happy Tuesday!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At April 19, 2011 at 7:10 PM , Blogger Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies said...

Oh, you should DO IT! Traveling alone is an edifying experience. Sign up for airfare alerts and you'd be surprised the kind of deals you can get. A few months ago, I got an alert for $553 round-trip tickets to Japan (before the earthquake) and when I was in college, I flew to Amsterdam and I think my tickets were like $250.

Anyway! I hope your eye is better soon. Your blog will still be here when you get back to it. :)

 
At April 20, 2011 at 3:52 PM , Blogger Valerie Earnest said...

Always fun to find another Valerie! Thanks for visiting my blog and following- I'm following back! I grew up in Chicago suburbs- Naperville. I don't get back very often and miss the city a lot. SIgh....
Have a great week-

 
At April 20, 2011 at 6:58 PM , Blogger Fuegita said...

Newest follower from Welcome Wednesday. Would love if you would follow me back and enter my giveaway!

http://fuegitabonita.blogspot.com

 
At April 20, 2011 at 10:50 PM , Blogger sasha said...

Found you from the Hop! Great blog! I am now following. Please stop by my blog and follow back ;). If you enjoy the read I would love your vote for the Top 25 Style Blogs. You can cast your thumbs up here http://www.circleofmoms.com/blogger/diaper-style-memoirs

Inessa
www.diaperstylememoirs.blogspot.com

 
At April 21, 2011 at 2:15 AM , Blogger Sbb1 Wellness said...

I had many layovers in France, and always wanted to go back there for a real stay. I hope you get to reach your goal. Pimsleur quick and simple language cd's are great for learning a new language. I love learning new languages and my husband bought me 4 of the languages in the Pimsleur series. I'm currently learning spanish, it's so cool.
Also thanks for stopping by and following and entering my blogs first big giveaway. Your blog looks like it's loads of fun so you will see more than seldom I'm sure...take care...I'm following :)

 
At April 21, 2011 at 7:54 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for checking out my blog! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I find that writing it is completely cathartic.
I'm following you back!
Stefanie
http://weddedblisster.blogspot.com/

 
At April 21, 2011 at 8:36 AM , Blogger BEadECLECTIC said...

Ugh- Kiersten! Traveling alone is sooooo not an option for me. I get homesick and nervous after I've been in Michigan for a few days, let alone Europe! I'm a wuss. :(

 
At April 21, 2011 at 7:22 PM , Blogger styledecor1@gmail.com said...

Great post!
I would love to know if you are happy with the results of your eye surgery and I'd hate to travel alone!

I'm a new follower from the blog hop! Hope you can hop by and visit me too:

http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/

 
At April 21, 2011 at 7:30 PM , Blogger Adaptable Kay said...

Oh, you can count me in if you want to travel to France!! That is one of the trips I want to take in the future, so why not in a year and a half!? Hehe.

And I just ADORE Edith Piaf's La Vie En Rose! It's the major theme of my favorite movie, Love Me If You Dare (also foreign and French).

I'm sorry to hear about your surgery though-I'm glad things are going well and I wish you a fast recovery :)

 

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home