This Page

has been moved to new address

Handmade Recycled Wrapping Paper

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Eclecticisms: Handmade Recycled Wrapping Paper

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Handmade Recycled Wrapping Paper

Happy Momma's day! In case  you  haven't wrapped your present yet, here's a fast project that will help you to personalize your gift.

You know when you go to a store and they wrap up your item in tissue paper, or when you get a gift and the bag is brimming with it? As much as I love and appreciate the way this looks, I used to have a secret "Oh shit. I won't be able to put this in the recycling bin because it's too pretty, but now it will sit in my craft room for 5 years because I NEED to reuse this." Pardon the French. If you know me, I speak a lot of it, and I don't mean the "Oui, oui, moi" kind of French either.

Anyways, here is a perfect, fast, cheap and EASY way to reuse all of that lovely paper! Hopefully your giftee will be able to reuse it as well.

All you need are some stamps, ink and a little imagination! This would be a great craft for kids, too. They can draw designs or use stickers, and will feel fabulous knowing they created something of their own.

First, flatten out the paper as best possible. Remember, you will be using this to wrap a gift or fill a bag, so some wrinkles are not a problem. In fact, when using tissue paper in crafting it is often better to crinkle it up. Doing so breaks up the fibers and makes it less likely to tear. It might even look cool for this project... nice and rustic!

Stamp (or draw) using your giftees favorite colors, designs, images, etc. 





Once done, go ahead and wrap your gift! Use pretty ribbons (and even some charms!) to gussy tyour present up even more. I went with a nature/garden theme for my Momma's Day gift. You can get cheap ribbon and charms at craft stores. Look for sales. (As if I needed to tell any woman that...). I got a spool of this lovely lace ribbon at Franks (waaaay back when they sold crafts) for only 39 cents.

Voila! A personalized gift makes it that much more special.


Before I head off to clean the house and primer my new bedroom, here are my brother's kitties, who will be living here for a few months. The growling beteween them and my cat has subsided for the most part, but they're still a little leery of each other. My dog has been AWESOME, but is starting to look a little sad and left out. Poor, Foose!

This is Pickles...

 

And this is Pillow! (Yes, they look a LOT like my cat. It gets a bit confusing.)



Have a wonderful Sunday!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At May 12, 2010 at 6:08 PM , Blogger Adaptable Kay said...

Oh, what a wonderful idea!! Seriously, I have the same 'Oh Shit' thought too because you just can't throw the stuff away.

I sit in front of the garbage can with the paper in my hand just consternating what to do-then I just end up putting it by my crafting station downstairs >.<

Love the little kitties :D :D :D

 
At May 14, 2010 at 10:29 AM , Blogger My Owl Barn said...

That's a great idea! I have some white tissue paper left which I haven't thrown away. I'll put it to use. Have a great weekend!

 
At May 18, 2010 at 5:15 PM , Blogger dessert girl said...

This is a great idea! I love it!

 

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home