This Page

has been moved to new address

Betty Crocker's Chocolate Bars

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Eclecticisms: Betty Crocker's Chocolate Bars

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Betty Crocker's Chocolate Bars

As  you can see, I'm continuing the recent chocolate trend. Betty Crocker's Cooky Book calls these bars Teen-Time Chocolate Nut Bars. I left out the nuts and, well, I'm almost 30, so I'm just calling these chocolate bars. Sorry, Betty.



I love trying Betty Crocker recipes, but knew pretty much nothing about her, and guess what? Betty Crocker isn't a "her"... it's just a brand name created by someone name Marjorie Husted (April 2, 1892 – December 23, 1986). I'm sort of disappointed about that, but there are more important things in life to worry about, right? Like what dessert to make next. Or maybe what sort of cheesey food I will have for dinner.

Here are a few fun facts about Betty Crocker, from Wikipedia.


  • In 1945, Fortune magazine named Betty Crocker the second most popular American woman; Eleanor Roosevelt was named first.
  • The current image of Betty Crocker, according to the corporation, is actually a combination of 75 real-life women of diverse backgrounds and ages.
  • In 1950, the Betty Crocker Cookbook was published. It was written by Agnes White Tizard, a nutritionist and a member of Alpha Delta Pi sorority.








On to the goodies...

Ingredients

1 Cup brown sugar
1/2 Cup butter
1/2 Cup milk (*I used soy)
1 1/4 Cups flour
pinch of salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1 1/2 Cup chocolate chips (*Or, 1 Cup chips and 1 Cup chopped nuts)


Preheat over to 350. 





In a sauce pan, combine the butter, sugar and milk. Bring to a slight boil, stirring constantly. Transfer to your mixer's bowl and let cool for 5-10 minutes.







In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt.

After the butter mixture has cooled, add eggs. Mix well.


Gradually add flour mixture, scraping the sides of the bowl well. Mix until completely combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.



Evenly spread the batter into a greased and floured oblong cake pan (13" x 9 1/2").

Bake for 25 minutes, rotating halfway through.

Allow to cool and cut into bars.



Happy baking!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At December 11, 2011 at 6:17 PM , Blogger Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies said...

So were they good?! They look very moist and cakey and yummy. :)

 
At December 11, 2011 at 6:47 PM , Blogger BEadECLECTIC said...

Oh yeah! Definitely good. They were more cakey than I was going for but I loved them anyways.

 
At December 11, 2011 at 6:47 PM , Blogger BEadECLECTIC said...

Oh yeah! Definitely good. They were more cakey than I was going for but I loved them anyways.

 
At December 15, 2011 at 9:36 PM , Blogger Liv @ Choosing Beauty said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today; when I came to visit yours, I loved finding this post because I used to do quite a bit of work w/ the Betty Crocker brand. Even spent a lot of time in the Betty Crocker Kitchens (they're amazing!}. Hope your holidays are delicious! :)

 

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home