This Page

has been moved to new address

Shiitake Mushroom and Spinach Pasta

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Eclecticisms: Shiitake Mushroom and Spinach Pasta

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Shiitake Mushroom and Spinach Pasta

Have you noticed that I love mushrooms and spinach? Well, I do. I recently decided that shiitake mushrooms are my absolute favorite, with their amazing earthy and savory flavor. (I wish they were cheaper though!)



I wanted to make another rice dish with some organic spinach and shiitakes that I'd just bought, but saw this recipe and realized that I haven't had angel hair paste in a LONG time. It's one of my favorites, so, I swung by the store on my way home to grab some and made a slight variation of this. I have to say, it was pretty damn good! It's a fast and cheap dinner, with some vitamins packed in.

Spinach= fiber, niacin, zinc, vitamins A, C, B6 and K, and folate
Mushrooms= Potassium, riboflavin, niacin and selenium

Pasta= Near-future hip and gut insulation
Cheese= Goodness

Ingredients

6 ounces angel hair pasta

6 ounces fresh sliced shiitake mushrooms

1 clove garlic, minced

1/2 large bundle of fresh spinach

1/4 cup white wine

1 tablespoon olive oil

4 Tbs salted butter (Give or take, depending on taste)

1/4 cup veggie broth

1/2 cup heavy whipping cream

salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste

Freshly grated grated Parmesan cheese
*Angel hair pasta cooks super fast, so don't start making it too soon. You'll want to time these to be done about the same time. It's good to start the noodles around the time you're ready to add the veggie broth.

Add oil and garlic into a large pan, and cook over medium-low flame until aromatic (about 3 minutes).  


Add mushrooms and 1 Tbs butter (the butter is so the mushrooms can cook a bit without being too dry). Cook for about 2 minutes.


Add veggie stock and white wine. Cook until the sauce has reduced by about half, or most of the liquid is gone.


Add cream and cook until reduced to your liking.


You want a little liquid, but you don't want it to be too watery. Season with salt and pepper to taste.


Add fresh spinach, stirring occasionally until cooked, or about 3 minutes.


Toss sauce with pasta, and top with freshly grated parmesan cheese.



Enjoy!


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At January 29, 2011 at 7:07 PM , Blogger Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

This is one of my favorite combinations too! =) Mushrooms garlic and spinach just go soooo soooo well together!

Hope you're having a great weekend! <3

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas and Crayons

 

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home