This Page

has been moved to new address

Granola, Cranberry and Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Eclecticisms: Granola, Cranberry and Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Granola, Cranberry and Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Who said a cookie couldn't be good for you? Ok- so moderation is pretty important to mention here, but when you pack a cookie full of natural, organic and healthful ingredients, you can't feel all bad eating one.


How can you not drool, looking at this batter?!

I had a craving for granola cookies today, for probably the first time in my life. The original plan was to try making sunflower seed butter cookies, but SFSB was $6 at Whole Foods. Knowing I can get it at Trader Joe's for half that price made me decide to wait for another day on those, but they're definitely going to be coming soon!

I chose the first recipe that popped up on the net, because I love the site, there was no chilling of the dough involved and it just plain looked good. Here's where I got the recipe.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup granola (chop clusters if large)
  • 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (4 1/2 ounces)

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Whisk flour, baking soda and salt together and set aside.

Beat together butter, sugar and vanilla on high speed for about 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy.



Add egg and mix thoroughly.


Gradually add the flour in until completely mixed in, occasionally scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Now stir in the granola on low.






Now add the cranberries and chocolate chips...


...and mix.

Place dough in mounds about 2" apart from each other on baking sheets and pat them down. I got 12 cookies.


Bake for 13 minutes, or until golden brown.




Enjoy!


Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At January 18, 2011 at 7:19 PM , Blogger PaintinByFaith said...

Could you come cook at my house????

 
At January 18, 2011 at 7:43 PM , Blogger Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies said...

Oh YUM! I love making chocolate chip cookies with dried cherries, but I've never thought of using cranberries. Now I have a good excuse to make cookies this weekend.

 
At January 20, 2011 at 7:10 AM , Blogger Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

YUM! x100 =) I really wish I had your baking skills!

xoxo
jenn

 

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home