This Page

has been moved to new address

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Eclecticisms: Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie

Monday, September 20, 2010

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie

Oh cheese, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways. Actually, that would take days, years even. For the sake of my readers, I will not count the ways.




Even if you aren't as in love with cheese as I am, this pie is fantastic (and like all desserts, I think it tastes WAY better after a day or two). The pumpkin is perfect for the fall weather we've started to have (FINALLY!) and the cream cheese mixture is a perfect compliment. To tell the truth, I'm not even that much of a fan of pumpkin pie, but this one did the trick. I'm a fan!

I got this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens New Baking Book.

Click here for the crust recipe. You can make the sweeter crust, but the savory one (using salt instead of sugar) works great. I personally think the pumpkin is sweet enough on its own. (Plus you're adding sugar already... it's your call!)

Ingredients

Single Pie crust
1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 slightly beaten egg
1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin
1 cp evaporated milk
2 beaten eggs
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 brown sugar (we used dark)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 Tbs flour
2 Tbs brown sugar
1 Tbs butter, softened


Line a 9-inch pie pan with your pie crust and set aside. (Crimp edges as desired.)



Beat together cream cheese, 1/4 Cp sugar, vanilla, and the slightly beaten egg. Mix until smooth (use an electric mixer). Ours was a tiny bit chunky from the cream cheese, which was no big deal. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes while you prepare the rest of your pie.






Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, 2 eggs, 1/4 Cp sugar, 1/4 Cp brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.

Pour over the cream cheese mixture.

Cover the edge of the crust and pie with foil. This will help with over browning.


Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake 25 minutes more.

While the pie is baking, combine pecans, flour, brown sugar, and butter. Because I'm not a fan of nuts on pie (or in generally really... I just started eating them for the first time, and I'm almost 30.), we halved this part of the recipe, as you'll see in the pictures. Sprinkle over the pie and bake another 10 minutes. The pie is done when a knife inserted comes out clean. Cool for at least 1-2 hours on a wire rack. Refrigerate to store. 

 

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At September 20, 2010 at 4:52 PM , Blogger blydesign said...

Oh my!!! Cannot wait to try this!

 

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home