This Page

has been moved to new address

Quotes Tuesday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Eclecticisms: Quotes Tuesday

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Quotes Tuesday

I didn't do ANY baking OR blogging this weekend, and it's making me feel rather empty inside. I started on a project that involves scraping off 90 year old wall paper that has been painted over....let me tell you, it's NOT an easy task. 4 hours with 2 people and we only finished one wall! I plan to blog about that adventure when it's all done, but with the patching, sanding, scraping and painting, it might take awhile.

To help fill this blogging void, here are some quotes to enjoy (and a couple pictures I took a few years ago at The Botanic Gardens). I promise, I will be back soon with more recipes and how-to's!

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity." (I've seen several people listed as the source of this one, including George Carlin)

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."

-Groucho Marx

"Children are remarkable for their intelligence and ardor, for their curiosity, their intolerance of shams, the clarity and ruthlessness of their vision."

-Aldous Huxley

"Don't think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It's self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can't try to do things. You simply must do things."

-Ray Bradbury

"If you don't like what you're doing, then don't do it."

-Ray Bradbury

"He would make a lovely corpse."

-Charles Dickens

"Great men are seldom over-scrupulous in the arrangement of their attire."

-Charles Dickens

“I don't wear small shoes, or tight pants that squash your balls.”
-George Harrison

"I don't like war. I particularly don't like the celebration of war, which I think the administration is a little bit guilty of."

-Neil Young

"How I hate those who are dedicated to producing conformity."
-William S Burroughs

"Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it."
-Jacques Prévert




Happy Tuesday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home