This Page

has been moved to new address

My House Smells Like Blommer's! (Valentine's Cookies Adventure)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Eclecticisms: My House Smells Like Blommer's! (Valentine's Cookies Adventure)

Thursday, February 11, 2010

My House Smells Like Blommer's! (Valentine's Cookies Adventure)

You know that warm, wonderful aroma of chocolate that sometimes fills parts of the city? The one coming from Blommer's Chocolate Factory? That's what my house smelled like tonight. It was amazing! Unfortunately, the chocolate heart cookies I made are just too sweet for my taste. They're definitely good, but I'm not sure I'll make these again.

Here's how it went:

Stephanie (my cousin/helper) mixed up the dry ingredients while I got the chocolate started...




As the chocolate started to melt with the butter and brown sugar, the smell of heaven began to fill the house!

Mix in one egg and then the flour mixture... flatten dough and freeze for 20 minutes. (Not bad, when you compare it to the 8 hours I had to chill my last recipe!)
We cut out the hearts, but the dough was a bit hard to work with. Also- the recipe (http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/chocolate-sweet-hearts?xsc=eml_cod_2010_02_11) claims it will make 45 cookies. We got 23... after a lot of re-molding the dough scraps (see cookies that look like dirt!) which was plenty for our purposes.

Angry man, made of scraps. "But I don't wanna be a heart!" Too bad Mister Man...
10 minutes in the oven, and we're done! Again.. these are good cookies, but REALLY sweet.

To end the night, Steph and I made some jewelry. I don't have a picture of what she made, but here are my creations of the night.

Time for bed now. It's after midnight and I'm too old of a lady to be up this late!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At February 12, 2010 at 10:19 AM , Blogger Juliea said...

YUMMY!!!

Love the jewels too, my dear.

 
At February 13, 2010 at 6:38 PM , Blogger BEadECLECTIC said...

Thanks!!

The cookies weren't as sweet the next day and got a bit crunchy. Everyone loved them. I thought they were good, but I'm more of a fruity-dessert kind of gal myself. :)

 
At February 20, 2010 at 2:51 PM , Blogger Son of X said...

Best cookies by far. I'm still waiting on the second batch...

 

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home