This Page

has been moved to new address

Cucumber, Mint and Feta Salad

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Eclecticisms: Cucumber, Mint and Feta Salad

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Cucumber, Mint and Feta Salad

This is the first year since I've been in my home that I didn't grow any mint- mainly because it grows like a weed- which I felt bad about when I ran across this recipe. Honestly, I'm surprised there isn't any in my yard now, given the catnip (cat mint) that is springing up everywhere, but paying for mint wasn't the end of the world.

As I mentioned, I had my annual B-Day BBQ this past weekend. I tried two new recipes, both of which were deeelish. This cucumber, mint and feta salad was incredibly refereshing and tasty. A perfect refresher on a hot day at a BBQ, the balance of cool, salty and sweet will delight even the most critical taste buds.

 Here is the recipe I used, with some minor adjustments to measurements.

Ingredients

1.5 lb thin skinned, mild (non bitter) cucumbers. (I used Persian)
1/4 red onion
4 or 5 red radishes, thinly sliced
13 mint leaves, thinly sliced
White vinegar
Olive oil
1/4 pound feta cheese



As easy as it gets! Chop up all ingredients and stir together in a bowl. I chose to dice the cucumbers and onions, which I think makes it easier to eat and serve. The recipe calls for slicing them.


Add olive oil, vinegar and cheese. Stir well.



Serve and enjoy!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home