This Page

has been moved to new address

Quinoa Tabbouli Salad

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Eclecticisms: Quinoa Tabbouli Salad

Monday, June 6, 2011

Quinoa Tabbouli Salad

A hot summer day doesn't really call for my usual favorites such as cheese and pie, but rather cool and fresh salads, refreshing iced tea and cold desserts.

I was itching to try a new recipe, and tabbouli sounded pretty perfect. Fresh and healthy, it's a great dip/salad and super easy to whip up, especially if you have a food processor. Because I decided to make this while I was driving to the store, I didn't look at any recipe and just went with what I knew was in it, and decided to add some quinoa, instead of the cracked wheat/cous cous I've seen added before in some versions.




Ingredients

1 Cup Quinoa (uncooked)
3 large tomatoes
4 garlic cloves
1 large onion
3 bunches parsley
Lemon Juice (I used about 1/4 of the lemon, or approx 2 Tbs)



Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions and let cool. (2 parts water, 1 part quinoa, cook like rice.)


Chop up all the veggies, or use a food processor. Don't use a food processor for the tomatoes though, or they'll end up more like a sauce.

Chopped up parsley smells sooooo good!

Mix everything together and you're done!


Happy summer cooking!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At June 6, 2011 at 3:26 PM , Blogger Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies said...

YUM! I love quinoa, but bulgur is a favorite too, so if I swipe this recipe, I may just have to include them both. :) And of course, I'd drown this in tahini, because that's how we do.

 

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home