This Page

has been moved to new address

Betty Crocker's Chocolate Chip Bars

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Eclecticisms: Betty Crocker's Chocolate Chip Bars

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Betty Crocker's Chocolate Chip Bars

The other evening I got a craving for sugar cookies, but I didn't have any lemon. I was about to start molasses crinkles instead (my favorite), but then it hit me. It'd already blogged about those! (Sick, I know.) I only had some basic ingredients handy so I needed a basic recipe, like these chocolate chip bars. They're easy, fast and a crowd pleaser. They're also easy to carry to work so you can share their deliciousness with your hungry co-workers.

This recipe is from Betty Crocker's Cooky Book.

Ingredients
1/3 Cp shortening
1 1/4 Cp brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/4 Cps flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 Cp semi-sweet choc chips
1/2 Cp coarsely broken nuts (I substituted 1/4 Cp white chocolate chips)




Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix together shortening, sugar and eggs.



In a seperate bowl, stir flour, salt and baking powder together. Slowly blend into the shortening mixture.



Stir in chocolate pieces and spread into a 9x9x1 3/4" pan.




Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Once partially cool, cut into bars and serve or store. As you can see, I didn't even get a chance to take a picture before these were dug into. At first glance, these looked as if they'd be too fluffy and thick for my liking, but they have a great flavor and consistency.



Enjoy!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home