This Page

has been moved to new address

A New Kind of Blog

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Eclecticisms: A New Kind of Blog

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A New Kind of Blog

I’ve spent quite a bit of time thinking about my blog lately, and how I feel bad that it is so focused on cooking. I really meant it to include much more, but it just hasn’t developed yet. One of the main reasons I haven’t done anything with jewelry on here so far is because any “how to’s” need good pics. My camera isn’t the best and there isn’t much natural light left by the time I get home in the evenings, so it just isn't too feasible right now . Hopefully, as the days get longer, I will soon be posting some basic jewelry lessons!



There are many things that I love other than jewelry and cooking of course, one being animals. I grew up with pets (cats) and always felt a special bond with them. 11 years ago, when I was 16, I decided to stop eating meat because the bond just felt that strong. I’ve stuck by that decision for many reasons, as over the years I’ve found more reasons to stick with it than I could begin to describe here. However, my blog is not my activist outlet, though I do think it’s about time that I brag about how awesome my pets are!




Footloose (AKA Foose, Handsome, Floose) is a mutt, and we have no idea what breeds he really is. I’ve thought about a “Doggy DNA” test to find out, but I can’t justify spending the money on it. The best guess is Huskey-Corgie… he pretty much looks like a wolf. I got him from a shelter about 5 years ago, and wow, has time flown by! He was about a year and a half when I got him- I tried training at PetSmart but he’s pretty stuck in his ways and only ever really learned to sit and lay down (which he does when he feels like, or if you have a biscuit). Still, he truly is my best friend. We’ve been on several moves together and he has always been around. We’re sort of a team, even though we now have the kitty with us. Foose’s favorite things to do are wrestle with the cat, play in the snow, and have his belly scratched.







Mr. Bo Jangles (AKA Evil, Bo, Jingles, Jangs, Little Meester) was named Tiger when I first met him at the same shelter I got Foose at. He’d only had the name for 2 days, and because I thought it was way too generic, I decided to change it to something with more personality. He absolutely chose me at the shelter, grabbing me with this paws whenever I started to walk away. As soon as he was out of his cage, he did exactly what he wanted (like hiding in the “staff only” area) and hasn't changed since. He's quite the loveable little bastard sometimes! I can tell why they chose to call him Tiger, based on his gorgeous coloring. His gut has gotten pretty large since I’ve had him these past 2 years (he’s on diet food now), but he's maintained his handsomeness! Bo’s favorite things to do are sleep, eat my plants, play with his mice, and beg for food when there is already plenty in his bowl.

I don't know what I'd do without these guys- they give me my first smile of the day, every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks for reading!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home